UV systems from IST Metz are used for different working widths for 2D and 3D applications. The surface treatment of three-dimensional objects makes special demands on curing technology. We therefore offer a number of solutions for a wide variety of requirements of UV coatings – including heat-sensitive materials.
Get more information about the fields of application of our UV systems for your requirements on the following pages.
The IST Metz Group supplies specially developed UV drying systems for processing aluminium coils, metal coils, stainless steel coils or wires. The customers use the UV coating mainly to achieve corrosion protection, scratch resistance or anti-fingerprint properties, as well as to cure primers.
Compared with using drying ovens for water-based coatings, UV drying offers extremely short drying and processing times, as well as significantly lower energy consumption.
The UV systems from IST are specially tailored for use in coil coating. For example, strong steel wires are fitted in front of the UV lamps to protect the lamps from being damaged if the aluminium strip should break. Equally, the UV driers can be separated to guarantee very good access for maintenance and servicing, or if a coil breaks.
Special features of IST technology
- Fast production processes using UV technology
- Strong steel wires protect the UV lamps
- The UV system can be separated for maintenance and servicing or if a coil breaks
- Drying under inert conditions with nitrogen
- Energy savings in production processes thanks to high UV efficiency
- Low thermal load of the substrates
- The systems’ compact design allows them to be integrated easily into new and even into existing production systems
- UV and UV lamp technologies can be operated alternately if required
- Low nitrogen consumption for inerted UV systems
- Made in Germany: Development and manufacture of all UV core components (including UV lamp, reflectors, UV unit, ballast) at IST Group’s headquarters in Nuertingen
- Use of simulation software to shorten developments
- Longstanding cooperation with equipment manufacturers, OEMs, paint and raw material manufacturers
- Contacts with associations, as well as research and development centres
- Highly developed process expertise in the metal-processing industry
- Expertise of integrating UV systems into production machinery
- The IST Metz Group offers the world’s largest product portfolio of air and water-cooled UV systems
- Development of customised, UV curing solutions with LED, UV lamp and excimer technologies
- LED, UV lamps and excimer laboratory systems at the headquarters for trials and individual application development with an IST team with many years of experience in process engineering
- Systems for hire for trials on production machinery
- Global sales and service subsidiaries for effective customer support and supply of spare parts
- Individual business models for equipment manufacturers