UV systems from IST Metz are used for different working widths for 2D and 3D applications. The surface treatment of three-dimensional objects makes special demands on curing technology. We therefore offer a number of solutions for a wide variety of requirements of UV coatings – including heat-sensitive materials.
Get more information about the fields of application of our UV systems for your requirements on the following pages.
Coatings of automotive parts can be cured using UV systems from IST Metz as part of many different processes (e.g. varnishing, gluing). Solvent-based, solvent-free or water-based UV varnishes can be used for varnishing. Special effects, such as a special high-gloss finish on automotive fittings, anti-finger print or scratch resistance, can be achieved using UV systems.
Both conventional UV systems and LED units are used when curing cationic, radical or dual-cure paint. The UV systems from IST Metz are able to implement a multitude of applications in the automotive industry, from spot bonding to adhesion over large surfaces.
Automotive parts can be finished efficiently using the PVD (physical vapour deposition) process. Metal is vapour-deposited onto the plastic in a vacuum chamber during this process. UV systems are used in this process to cure a UV primer or a UV top coat.
- Decorative interior and exterior components, such as central consoles and fittings
- Headlamp glass
- Diffuser lenses
- IMD coatings (in-mould decoration)
- Black parts, such as pumps, gears and rod assemblies
- UV adhesive for anti-drumming mats
- Brake and clutch linings
- Reflector housing
- Aluminium rims
Special features of IST technology
- Low thermal load of the substrates
- Reduced energy consumption thanks to high UV efficiency
- The systems’ compact design allows them to be integrated easily into new and even into existing production systems
- LED and UV lamp technologies can be operated alternately if required
- Low nitrogen consumption for inerted UV and excimer systems
- Made in Germany: Development and manufacture of all UV core components (including UV lamp, reflectors, UV unit, ballast) at IST Group’s headquarters in Nuertingen
- Use of simulation software to shorten the development
- Longstanding cooperation with equipment manufacturers, OEMs, paint and raw material manufacturers
- Contacts with associations, as well as research and development centres
- Highly developed process expertise in the automotive industry
- Expertise of integrating UV systems into production machinery
- The IST Metz Group offers the world’s largest product portfolio of air and water-cooled UV systems
- Development of customised, UV curing solutions with LED, UV lamp and excimer technologies
- LED, UV lamps and excimer laboratory systems at the headquarters for customised trials and individual application development with an IST team with many years of experience in process engineering
- Systems for hire for trials on production machinery
- Global sales and service subsidiaries for effective customer support
- Individual business models for equipment manufacturers